macOS Mojave (version 10.14) is the fifteenth major release of macOS, Apple Inc's desktop operating system for Macintosh computers. The successor to macOS High Sierra, it was announced at WWDC 2018 on June 4, 2018. It brings several iOS apps to the desktop including Apple News, Voice Memos, and Home introduces a Dark Mode and is the final version of macOS to support 32-bit apps.
macOS Mojave requires Macs with Metal API support
- MacBook: early-2015 or newer
- MacBook Pro: mid-2012 or newer
- MacBook Air: mid-2012 or newer
- Mac Mini: late-2012 or newer
- iMac: late-2012 or newer
- iMac Pro: late-2017 or newer
- Mac Pro: late-2013 or later, plus mid-2010 and mid-2012 models with recommended Metal-capable GPU
MacOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience four new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
• Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and center while controls recede into the background.
• Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
• View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
• Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date, or tag using Stacks.
• Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
• Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
• See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
• Rotate an image, create a PDF, and more — right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
• Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
• Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
• Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work, and Play tabs.
• Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections, and videos.
• Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
• Start a personalized station of any artist’s music from the enhanced artist pages.
• Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
• Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets, and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
• Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
• Read Top Stories selected by Apple News editors, trending stories popular with readers, and a customized feed created just for you.
• Keep your favorite topics, channels, and saved stories up to date on your Mac and iOS devices.
• Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
• Browse business news driving the markets curated by Apple News editors.
• Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song, or video.
• Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
• Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
• Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.